My Very Own Survivor...

It's been three weeks since I started to work as a nurse in a hospital and I'm done on my "honeymoon stage". I somehow sensed the tension between the staff of the area where I'm volunteering in weeks ago but I just affirmed it last Saturday and somehow I already am part of the drama.

Saturday afternoon: I know there was a party for a sister of a staff there because I was hearing talks amongst the staff about it earlier that week. Since I was new, I didn't really care whether or not I was invited. I somehow figured that there was drama in our area when the staff that I was with during that shift openly talked about the feeling of dislike that they feel from the group who went to the party. Since I didn't want to be part of their drama, I just stayed silent in their conversation. Not knowing that I was already part of it.

Monday morning: Somehow my day started bad. Just when I thought I was a mere audience to their drama, I somehow felt I was a part of it already. There really is a group and I was on the outside. All day, they were talking about what happened in the party which made it hard for me to relate. Then I learned that A who came in a week later from me was invited.

It feels like I'm in Survivor. People talking in groups. in hushed voices. People talking behind each other's back. Just when I thought I was making a connection, it turns out I am on the chopping block. I just wish there was immunity here...

6 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

and the next thing you know, you are already part of that soap opera... hehehe. nicely written...

lazy john said...

i know right.. thanks for dropping by wanderingcommuter...;p

Anonymous said...

there are ups and downs in working in a new place so you have to be always ready to face whatsoever comes your way. be brave!

lazy john said...

thanks johnny...;p its just hard for me because I easily get along with anyone and now i still feel that i'm an outsider there... hopefully everything will work out fine...

Dabo said...

ganon yata talaga, its in a way, basta keep yourself still, kasi posibleng culture na iyan ng pinagtatrabahuhan mo..




word verification: undie

lazy john said...

salamat dabo... yeah mukhang culture na nga talaga yun dun sa workplace ko... ngaun mejo nakacope up nako somehow... sana magtuloytuloy na...;p