Elemental Damage

It was a week that I won't forget for the rest of my life.

Flood:

It was another rainy Saturday morning and even though the weather was conducive to sleep I went to our duty not knowing that in hours I would walk in the flooded streets of the Metro. I was still complacent while I was on the train back home knowing that our street in Marikina never ever in my history living there reached the knee part. Everyone was at awe when we reached Sta Mesa because we couldnt see the road anymore. The whole area was flooded. We could only see the hood of the cars parked. The usual bridge on the creek near U.E. was lost underwater. I only felt the intensity of the situation when I saw the Marikina River which is usually just around the edges of the riverbank even when it rains. Everyone was shocked when we saw it at the edge of the bridge. I received a text from my mom telling me to not go home anymore since the water was already waist deep at our street. Then I heard that Ligaya was already chest deep. We opted to just stay at a friends house. At first we were relieved that the flood there was just ankle deep. Then flood came in without warning. Within the hour we were already knee deep. I was worried sick the whole night because the last text that I got from my mom was that the house was already flooded.

We were off early Sunday morning. We walked for an hour from Santolan to Marcos H-way. The scene was like it was taken off from a sci-fi movie. Mud was everywhere. Cars were at stand still and people were walking in every direction. When I reached the overpass I was surprised that there were still flood in Marcos H-way. I was more surprised when I reached our subdivision because the flood was still waist deep. I acted on my better judgment and went ahead because I wanted to be home and see how they are.

Fire:

Tuesday night. I was out because I had to go to the family doctor to have a check up since I was having diarrhea. I probably got it when I waded to the murky waters of the flood. I was about to go on the train when I got a call from my brother telling me to not go home anymore because there was a fire a house away from ours. I almost broke down at the train station. I was sobbing on my way to W's place. After what happened at the flood, then now this and everytime I wasn't always around to see my familys safety.

Electricity:

Thursday night. We were still living like we were in the Middle Ages. We were playing a deck of cards when I saw a spark outside the window. I went to the window to examine further and lo and behold sparks were flying like it was New Years Eve on the electrical line just outside our house. Panic ensues once again in our household. Good thing was Meralco was just outside our house after a few minutes.


Now everything is getting back to its normalcy and I hope it does. I couldn't sleep last night because of the incoming storm. I was checking up on our street to see if it is flooded. I just wish for a ray of sunshine for the whole year.

2 comments:

Dabo said...

life always goes on..

keep yourself safe lazy john.

lazy john said...

thanks dabo... kaw rin keep safe!!;p