Mawalang galang lang...

Kaninang umaga pumunta ako sa isang institution for special children to see if I qualify to be a volunteer there since I'm not doing anything productive as of this moment. I had a talk with the lady who manages the institution and then she said "Mawalang galang lang ha..." Uh-oh. I knew what she was going to ask next. "Gay ka ba?" I said yes. And then she told that she has nothing against gay people as she has relatives who are like me. Pero pinangaralan niya ako about how the kids are innocent at walang malisya at dahil dun madali silang maabuso. I wanted to roll my eyes. I know that. All children are like that. I understand where she is coming from. I know that she is concerned about the kid's welfare pero sana lang she wouldn't make any assumptions about a person's character based on their sexuality. I felt discriminated after that. I went there with good intentions tapos lumabas pang I don't have any right to take care of children. Being gay doesn't equate to you being a bad influence.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get in at De La Salle Greenhills as a teacher because they told the dean of DLSU Taft that I am gay.

Then I was told by my older classmates at the graduate school that I won't be able to finish my degree because I am gay and that gay people don't take things seriously.

It happens to almost everyone. But life is fair, you loose something, you gain another thing.

MakMak said...

Tsk, tsk. I hope that you didn't let that incident ruin your day.

Hay, kaya I really hope that people will learn to be tolerant and accepting.

lazy john said...

@johnny: thanks for visiting. it's true that you lose something and you get something in return. i just wish that they don't stereotype.

lazy john said...

@ makmak: thanks mak. I initially felt bad about it. Kaso napalitan na yun ng kaba nung nalaman ko na mageexam na agad kami later that afternoon for the position that I was applying for in a hospital hehehe.

MakMak said...

Good. So how did the exam go? (Ahaha. Ginawang chat room.)

BTW HW, bakit wala ka man lang contact details sa profile? Like e-mail?

lazy john said...

hahaha e kasi i'm a very private person kaya ganun... hahaha pero since you asked you can add me sa ym list mo dahil lagi akong online... crye33@yc... at tungkol sa exam dumugo lang ng onti ilong ko pero nabuhay pa naman ako after hahaha

Kris Canimo said...

naku ah, napaka stereotypical naman nung lecheng un. napka prejudgmental. ok, provided the fact na concerned sila sa welfare thing ng bata, walang mangyayari sa mga bata kung pinaliligiran ng ganyang klaseng tao.

teka. hindi ako galit.

lazy john said...

@ prosetitute: hi prosetitute mukhang hindi ka nga galit... hahaha thanks for dropping by...